- Fire Department
- Fire Prevention
- Permit Information and Special Events
- Policy, Permits, Inspections, and Fee
Policy, Permits, Inspections, and Fee
The Liberty Township Fire Prevention Bureau, being the Fire Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ), is tasked with reviewing commercial building permit applications and plans, as they relate to the Ohio Fire Code. We issue permits, conduct inspections, and receive fees as they pertain to these services.
Commercial Building Permits are issued by the respective building department.
- The City of Powell Building Department handles projects in the City of Powell.
- Delaware County Building Department handles projects in Liberty Township.
A Liberty Township Application for Commercial Building Application must be submitted to Liberty Township Fire Prevention Bureau regardless of which building department has jurisdiction over your project.
Liberty Township Fire Prevention Bureau
Attention Lt. Tom Saunders
10150 Sawmill Parkway
Powell Ohio 43065
8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday.
In addition to the application, construction documents shall be submitted per the following:
(A).Submission of Construction Documents (OFC § 105.4)
1. Format: Construction documents, prepared by a registered design professional, shall be submitted to the Fire Code Official in the form and manner prescribed by OFC 105.4.1, et seq. The documents shall be of sufficient clarity to indicate the location, nature, and extent of the work proposed and show in detail that it will conform to all provisions of the OFC, relevant laws, and this Supplement.
The submittal shall consist of two (2) identical sets of construction documents, one (1) paper media and one (1) electronic media, meeting the following format requirements:
A. Paper Media: One (1) full set of shop drawings on paper measuring. Drawing shall be 30” X 42” and a standard engineered scale (1:10, 1:20, 1:30, 1:40, 1:50, 1:60).
B. Electronic Media: The documents shall be submitted in PDF format on a flash drive or emailed to Lt. Tom Saunders at the following: firstname.lastname@example.org
To schedule an inspection, contact your building department, and they will contact us.
Fire Plan Reviews will not be released until the review fee has been paid. After the plan has been reviewed and approved, an email containing a secure link to PayRoc will be sent to the person who submitted the application. Fire Plan Reviews will not be released until the review fee has been paid, nor will any inspections be schedules.
Please Note: Plan Review can take up to 30 days from the date the plans are received.